• 180 GRAM AUDIOPHILE VINYL
• SLEEVE PRINTED ON HEAVY CARDBOARD WITH LINEN LAMINATE FINISH
• CLASSIC JAZZ ALBUM FEATURING WILLIAM HENDERSON, STAFFORD JAMES, EDDIE MOORE, AND CHEIKH TIDIANE FALL
• LIMITED EDITION OF 1000 INDIVIDUALLY NUMBERED COPIES ON GOLD & ORANGE MARBLED VINYL
To celebrate the 45th anniversary of iconic Dutch jazz label Timeless Records, Music On Vinyl is releasing a series that features albums that are part of the Timeless Records legacy and will be released mainly throughout 2022.
Part of this series is Pharoah Sanders' Moon Child from 1990, which bookended a decade of musical soul searching for Sanders. The acclaimed free jazz player is known to have a raw and abrasive sound, but reinvented himself on this album as a more traditional improviser capable of thoughtful deliberations. Moon Child is a grand old time throughout, and Sanders has never been more eminently sing-along-able as he is on its title track. The record was co-written with Horace Silver, George Gershwin and Abdullah Ibrahim and recorded with William Henderson, Stafford James, Eddie Moore and Cheikh Tidiane Fall.
Moon Child by Pharoah Sanders is available as a limited edition of 1000 individually numbered copies on gold & orange marbled vinyl and is printed on heavy cardboard with linen laminate finish.
1. Moon Child
2. Moon Rays
3. The Night Has a Thousand Eyes
4. All or Nothing At All